Paths / Historical walk in Sighisoara

The medieval fortress of Sighisoara has been part of the UNESCO heritage since 1999 - it is the only inhabited fortress in this part of Europe. It is an active town, attracting more and more tourists every year. In the first half of the 14th century, Sighișoara Fortress was a settlement with a town attitude and also the centre and the seat of an independent  administrative and legal unit: the Sighişoara Seat, one of the seven seats subordinated to Sibiu. Sighișoara is mentioned as "civita" in 1367, alongside Cluj and Sibiu. Sighişoara develops as a powerful artisan centre, concluding the administrative organization of the city and the seat according to a document from 1393, where the participation of the priest and some craftsmen in leadership are mentioned. The city becomes a powerful trading center, the number of craftsmanship is increasing and is making Sighișoara one of the most powerful crafts centers in Transylvania.
5. Consequatur aut perferendis

1. Medieval fortress of Sighișoara

2. Clock Tower - Sighișoara

4. Monastery church - Sighișoara

5. The Dracula house - Sighișoara

7. The stag house - Sighișoara

8. Museum Square - Sighișoara

10. Scholar's stairs - Sighișoara

11. The church on the hill - Sighișoara

Nearby...

This website uses cookies

We use cookies to improve functionality and performance. Please accept them for a better use of the page. Read more: Privacy Policy

background-image-for-checkout-overlay