Paths

A network of trails and an interactive map to learn about history, art and religion. Dive into some fabulous places by following one of the paths of Mureș county and start a journey that encloses the most purely local stories in an enlightening and interesting way.

Cultural trail in Targu Mures

Târgu Mureș, numit și orașul florilor, este orașul-reședință a județului Mureș, amintit în dijmele papale încă din anul 1334, fiind însemnat ca și Novum Forum Siculorum. Aici s-a construit și una dintre cele 4 mănăstiri franciscane din Ardeal, ale cărei ruine se pot vedea și astăzi, în curtea Cetății Medievale. În secolul al XVII-lea orașul primește titlul de oraș liber regesc, după care i se schimbă numele în Târgu Mureș. Orașul este considerat încă din timpuri străvechi un centru cultural, un important centru religios, oraș academic renumit peste hotare, unde s-au pus printre altele, și bazele importante ale matematicii de către Bolyai János. Bazele orașului modern sunt așezate de către primarul inovativ Dr. Bernady Gyorgy - la începutul anilor 1900, când se dezvoltă infrastructura și sunt edificate multe clădiri emblematice din oraș. Târgu Mureșul este cunoscut ca un oraș multicultural, ale cărui amprente se remarcă prin obiceiurile și tradițiile care dau o pată de culoare  vieții orașului din inima Transilvaniei.

Learn more

Historical walk in Sighisoara

The medieval fortress of Sighisoara has been part of the UNESCO heritage since 1999 - it is the only inhabited fortress in this part of Europe. It is an active town, attracting more and more tourists every year. In the first half of the 14th century, Sighișoara Fortress was a settlement with a town attitude and also the centre and the seat of an independent  administrative and legal unit: the Sighişoara Seat, one of the seven seats subordinated to Sibiu. Sighișoara is mentioned as "civita" in 1367, alongside Cluj and Sibiu. Sighişoara develops as a powerful artisan centre, concluding the administrative organization of the city and the seat according to a document from 1393, where the participation of the priest and some craftsmen in leadership are mentioned. The city becomes a powerful trading center, the number of craftsmanship is increasing and is making Sighișoara one of the most powerful crafts centers in Transylvania.

Learn more

Historical trail in Reghin

A documented history dating back to 1228, a town of over 36.000 inhabitants, organized in three different ethnic groups - is Reghin.

Learn more

Historical path in Saschiz

Saschiz is a medieval settlement. It was one of the points of support for the Hungarian kingdom in the process of conquering Transylvania. In the 12th century, the capital of the Seat was established in Saschiz, here was the capital of the Szeklers of KEZD, which controlled a large part of the middle basin of Târnava Mare river. After the year 1200, some of the Szeklers were given the order to move to the mountainous areas of the East, leaving only 6 gentiles and 4 nations in Saschiz. Between 1264 and 1289, they were moved to the Aries Seat, specially created for them, as a reward for their remarkable behavior in the battles with the Cumans and Mongols. Saxon colonists have developed this area economically, so there were 2 churches, 5 chapels, a monastery, a school, a hospital, and many active, wealthy guilds in Saschiz. In 1999, Saschiz was listed on the UNESCO heritage list as a rural site.

Learn more

Relaxing walk in Sovata

Take a self-guided walk in the old town - Sovata.  Following this path, you can stroll through the past and present sights of Sovata and get to know the resort's most impressive buildings. Duration: 1 hourSovata started to become famous as a balneo therapeutic health resort in the late 1800s, when József Veress founded the salt spring-water health center „Gera Bath” in „Lower Sovata”, on Géra Street. Today there is a Unitarian church on that spot, but the existing salt spring water source reminds us of the former „Géra Bath”. Walking from the salty water well in the direction of the Bear Lake you reach „Upper Sovata”, which has expanded over the years and is now the central part of the resort. Year after year Sovata became more famous because of the healing effects of its lakes, which attracted more and more visitors. As a result, villas that evoke the atmosphere of the 19th century were built, which can be seen along the way. The next notable point is the Mary's Well , which was named after actress Mari Jászai, who was a great fan of Sovata Resort. Not far from here you can see the Judges' Villa, which was built for the treatment of the officials. The next two emblematic buildings are Pacsirta Villa, also known as the Twin Villas, which, after renovation, faithfully reflects the architecture of that era.  Right next to these Villas is the former Greek Catholic wooden church, which now belongs to the Orthodox Church. Walking further from here we reach the heart of the resort, the Bear Lake, where once two iconic buildings were standing: the Mushrooms. Today only one of them, the Little Mushroom building is still standing.

Learn more

This website uses cookies

We use cookies to improve functionality and performance. Please accept them for a better use of the page. Read more: Privacy Policy

background-image-for-checkout-overlay